Saltire Capital Partners Insight Series: Venture Capital
02 October 2020 Opinion
Welcome to Saltire Capital Partners Insight Series. The series gives access to our extensive network of industry leaders, thought leaders, investors & entrepreneurs in a one-on-one setting. Here they share their insights and top tips in relation to issues that are most relevant to mid-market business.
- What is Venture Capital
- Criteria for investment
- No harm
- Calibre of founder and team
- Relationship between the founding team
- Deep technology that is innovative and provides a competitive edge.
- How important is the Pitch Deck?
- What problem is being solved?
- How big is the market?
- How is the problem being solved and why is this a good solution?
- Managing risk in a VC investment
- VC investment stages
- Friends and family
- Series A, B, etc.
- Approach to valuation
- Investment period and rate of return
- Advice to founders